The oxidation and high temperature corrosion resistance are of crucial importance for the application of any structural material and of intermetallics in particular. Therefore, this will be the topic of this year’s school for students and young colleagues, which will be held on the 30 September before the start of the conference. The school is structured in the same way as it’s predecessors in previous years, namely, there will be three lectures of which two are held in the morning and one in the afternoon. Topics addressed within the school are as follows:
• Fundamentals of oxidation and their application to aluminides
• Beyond single oxidants – hot corrosion and halogens
• Oxidation of refractory alloys/silicides
• Experimental methods (with emphasis on high T)
• Requirements for thermal barrier coatings
The school is intended for students and young postdocs, the number of participants is limited and will be filled on a first come – first serve basis. The participation is free of costs.